Mountain Pose - Tadasana
- Spread your toes and plant all four corners of your feet solidly beneath you. Imagine roots growing out of the soles of your feet grabbing deep into the earth below you.
- Lengthen and lift your straight spine and feel your head floating evenly above you.
- Tuck in your tailbone as if you were carrying a full bowl of water in your hips you do not want to spill.
- Pay subtle attention to your breath.
- Expand your side ribs with each inhale and let your roots grow deeper into the earth, sucking in earth energy. Exhale and soften your belly. Feel energy flowing in through the crown.
- Allow your in-breath and out-breath amplify svaha (“Hail” or “So be it”)
- Accept each inhale as a divine blessing and with each exhale surrender to the present moment.
- Feel a sense of weightlessness and connectedness with all beings and all energies in the universe.